Kerala beef curry recipes are everywhere. This dish is known for its incredible array of delicious vegetarian curries, but did you know that it’s also home to some of the best beef dishes in the country? That’s right, beef is quite popular in the region, and there are plenty of delicious recipes to choose from in Kerala cuisine.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to spice up your dinner menu, look no further than this fantastic Kerala beef curry(Naadan beef curry) recipe. With a rich and flavorful sauce, this dish is sure to please even the most discerning palates.
Best of all, it is easy to prepare and requires only a handful of ingredients, making it perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions. So why wait? Try this delicious, easy, and spicy Kerala-style beef curry recipe today.
Beef: 2 Pounds, Cut into small pieces
Large Onion: 2, Chopped
Tomato: 3, sliced
Green Chilies: 3, Sliced
Garlic Clove: 8, Finely Chopped
Red Chilli Powder: 1 Tsp.
Ginger: 1 Tbsp, Finely Chopped
Coriander Powder: 2 Tsp.
Garam Masala Powder: 1/4 Tsp.
Coconut Oil: 1/4 Cup
Water: 1 Cup
Salt: To Taste Curry Leaves: A Handful
Step by Step Instructions
When it comes to Indian cuisine, there are a million and one recipes to choose from. But if you’re looking for a taste of authentic Kerala beef curry, this is the recipe for you.
To get started with your own Kerala Beef Curry Recipe, simply follow the steps below.
1. In a regular pressure cooker or a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Brown the beef in hot coconut oil. You want to use a good quality beef for this dish, something that has a lot of flavors. Once the beef pieces are browned, set them aside in a bowl.
3 . Next, you’ll need to make the curry paste. This is what gives the curry its unique flavor. In a blender or food processor, combine the following ingredients:
Garlic, Ginger, Cumin, Coriander, pearl onion mixture, Chilly Powder, Turmeric Powder, and Salt.
Blend until it forms a smooth and fine paste.
4. Now it’s time to start cooking the curry. In the same skillet, you used to brown the beef, add the curry paste and cook it for a few minutes. Then add the meat back into the frying pan and stir everything together.
5. Add a can of coconut milk and bring the curry to a simmer. Let it cook for about 30 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through the sauce has thickened.
6. Garnish with fresh curry leaves, if desired, and serve hot over rice or naan bread for a complete meal.
The whole spices and flavors of Kerala are a perfect match for a beef curry. The recipe is simple, but it takes a little time to get the flavors just right. Once you do, though, it’s worth it.
Variations You Can Try At Home
1. If you want a richer and creamier curry, try adding some cashews or almonds to the blender when you make the paste.
2. Another variation is to add a few green cardamom pods to the pan when you cook the curry. This will give it a delicious flavor and aroma.
3. If you want a bit of heat, try adding a fresh chili pepper or two to the paste when you blend it.
4. For a different flavor, try using beef broth instead of water in the curry. This will add a bit more depth of flavor to the dish.
5. Finally, if you want to make a vegetarian version of this Kerala beef curry, try using your favorite vegetable in place of the beef. Whether you go with potatoes, eggplant, cauliflower, or something else entirely, it will be delicious. With so many variations and possibilities, this is a dish that everyone can enjoy.
Health Benefits of Simple Kerala Beef Curry
There are many health benefits of eating Kerala beef curry.
- Beef is a high-quality source of protein, providing all the essential amino acids needed to form a complete protein. It’s also a good source of iron, zinc, selenium, and vitamin B12.
- Additionally, coconut milk is high in saturated fat but contains a type of saturated fat known to be good for heart diseases. This makes it a healthier option than other types of milk, such as cow’s milk.
- The spice powders used in Kerala beef curry can also help improve your overall health. For example, turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has been shown to help fight inflammation in the body and boost brain function and protect against cognitive decline.
- And ginger has been found to have anti-cancer properties, while black pepper powder may have antimicrobial effects and help lower cholesterol.
- With these health benefits in mind, it’s no wonder that many people love this simple Kerala-style beef fry and curry recipe. So if you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious dish to try at home, be sure to give it a go!
Serving Suggestions and Other Tips
This Kerala tender beef curry recipe is perfect for a chilly winter evening. The curry is a spicy dish, with a depth of flavor that comes from the use of fresh spices. Serve it over steamed plain rice for a hearty and satisfying meal.
If you want to really enjoy the flavor of the curry, be sure to serve it with some freshly cooked rice. The heat of the curry will help to cook the rice, making it deliciously fluffy and tender. You can also pair the curry with a side of naan bread, Kerala porotta, or some poppadum chips for an added crunchy texture.
This Kerala beef curry original recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat the curry over low flame, stirring occasionally. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner, but it also makes a great meal to bring to a potluck or party.
Whether you are cooking this dish for yourself or feeding a crowd, this spicy beef curry Kerala style is sure to be a hit. Next time, give it a try.
One of my favorite things to do is cook up a big pot of Kerala beef curry(Nadan beef curry). Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also good for you.
The spices used in the curry help to fight inflammation, boost brain function, and protect against cognitive decline. What’s not to love?
This Kerala beef curry recipe is easy to make, and versatile enough to suit any tastes. Whether you like things hot and spicy or prefer a milder flavor, it’s simple to adjust the spice level to your preferences. And with its rich, complex flavor and hearty texture, this curry is sure to become one of your go-to favorites for those chilly winter evenings.